Wednesday 4 November 2009

He's My X and You're My Y

I was thinking of writing a book review on Mohsin Hamid's The Reluctant Fundamentalist but since it is already late so I think I will write it later. We are going to London today to meet Papaboyz's parents. We haven't seen them since we left Malaysia and at that time Ammar was smaller than Abid now! Can't wait to see their reaction :))

So for today I want to share a raw talent with you readers. This is a clever poem by my school friend Siti Aminah Ramli. She has written a few brilliant pieces and this is my favourite (excuse the grammar..who cares hehehe)...


He's My X and You're My Y

You can still imagine he/she remembers you
cause they are not there to answer
you can imagine they're there
to wait for your call/sms/email..
even if they're NOT!!
You will still remember him/her
as the person you once knew
slim.slender and lovely
like the first time that you laid your eyes upon them
that make you fall in love,
You will still think he/she is S in size now and forever
even the fact he/she is XXXL hehehe

There are big different between
the person that you think
you'll miss in life
and the person whom you shared
your life with

He's my eX and you're my Y
because he's not the person that cares for me
day and nite
he's not the one that stay around
when everyone's gone
he's not the person that wakes up
each nite to prepare milk or change my baby's diaper..
he's not the one that I call
every 10 minutes when my car broke down

You're my Y cause
you're the reason Y I'm happy
you're there always without a reason Y
cause love doesn't need a reason Y
I'm really glad to have you by my side
and pray it'll be forever
I'm also really,really glad that
he's just my X and you're my wonderful Y

by Siti Aminah Ramli (with permission)

(fyi my ex is orlando bloom)


We'll be gone for a few days.. Meanwhile I will ask you a question, Bibliobibuli style..

What are you reading now? (me: John Wood's Leaving Microsoft To Change The World)

4 comments:

mummy said...

Hehe to the poem.

Say hellloooo to atuk and uwan paroi.

the brooklyn follies by paul auster. baru lepas chapter 1. setakat nih best! tak mcm nobel price winner punya novel.

SMM said...

what a coincidence! aku pun baru habis baca the reluctant fundamentalist tu last weekend hehe.. ku nanti review mu..
sekarang tgh baca abdullah hussein's pahlawan tak bernama - kurang traction sikit nak baca laju sbb dia antologi cerpen, dan habis 1 cerpen tak laju nak gi the next one.
aku dah baca poem X & Y ni. tapi kat mana ye? agaknya min punya FB la kot..

Mamaboyz said...

mummy, tgk synopsis mcm best je

mynie, i've decided to give the book a glowing review hehe, altho i don't understand why reluctant?

Fadhil said...

Lovely poem about X and Y. Polish the talent and your friend can go far.


In my blog, I have Yvoone Foong's book as my present read. Actually, I am also reading John le Carre's Absolute Friends... about 75% finished.