Monday 30 April 2012

Mommies please don't feed your kids these

We send the 3 boys to a taska during office hours and it is a good, clean and spacious taska. But what worries me is the 'jajan' they received from other parents that give them away for their kids' birthday celebration.

The ones I hid from the kids
I understand the good intentions of other parents, but probably they are not aware themselves that they are feeding un-nutritious and potentially poisonous food to the growing child. My kids are very happy when they received it, but I usually will let them have 2 or 3 items then hide the rest away.

And yesterday I chucked them all out after cleaning the kitchen cabinet.


Look at the long list of ingredients/ chemicals in it
  I know healthy items are quite pricey so I guess that's why parents resorted to cheap 'jajans' to give away in their party packs. But probably we have to reflect on the story of Prophet Adam (AS)'s sons, Habil and Qabil, and how Qabil's sacrifice was not accepted because of its poor quality. If we want to give sadaqah to celebrate our child's birthday, then spend more and give the best we can.

But one parents were very thoughtful and instead of giving 'jajan', they gave Angry Birds' bottle :). The kids really love them and imagine every time they drink from it the parents will get rewards for it. May Allah bless them always.


If you are thinking of party packs to give to your kids' nursery, some (affordable) suggestions from me:
1. Fruits (apples, oranges, bananas)
2. Milk produces (flavored milk, yoghurt, probiotic drinks)
3. Sandwhiches
4. Cupcakes / Muffins
5. Stationeries
6. Books!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...botol air angry birds!

stationery adalah idea yg sgt bagus.

mummy

Unknown said...

Thanks for the idea doc!!