Monday 9 February 2009

Statistics to share...

I found this article on parenting in The Independent, Thu 5 February 2009 (The Facts of Life-Childhood in the UK)

There are a lot of tips on parenting and also some statistics..

What I want to share is..
  • 6% of children aged 11-15 smokes
  • 17% of pupils aged 11-15 have taken drugs in the last year
  • 4% of 4-6 year-olds eating the recommended 5 portions or more of fruits and veges a day
OK..how's Malaysia? I have no idea now (maybe later if I have the mood I'll try to find out)...but, who are those fabulous parents of that 4% that eat the 5 portion a day??? I'm still struggling to get my 4 year old son to eat that 3 main meals a day, let alone veges and fruits (I hope he gets enough 5 portions a week)...he only eats biscuits and biscuits and biscuits and sausages

when I was a kid I didn't eat veges anyway (Thank God i'm still alive and not constipated)

by the way..the number 10 tip is..
"You don't have to be a perfect parent, just a good one"
These are my healthy sons...



No comments: