Wednesday 21 April 2010

Lessons In Life


My sons..
You followed our every steps
to places north and south
From cities to highlands
I don't know if you will remember any (you are all still very small!)
But I hope that your minds can capture
The beauty of mountains, rivers and seas
(and be forever thankful for God's creations)
The vastness of land (therefore opportunities)
The diversity of life and cultures (so you respect differences)
And perhaps, when you look back in the pictures,
You will remember that we could not bear a second separated from you...

Your father and I
have given you our unconditional love
In every kiss bears our prayers
that you will understand
this is what every people deserves
Love and Respect
Nothing less...

I want you brothers
to be each other's shoulders
always in one another's prayers
and to be able to say to each other,
"For you brother, a thousand times over..."
to carry when one falls
to remind when one forgets
to correct when one err

In this temporary life
I've been blessed
With you three wonderful boys
What more can I ask?
If there is anything I can wish for
In my duty to you
I hope in the end I will teach you right
and I will teach you enough
For you to be safe
Here and After
and that you will be as great as you are named...

I pray that
He gives me guidance as I guide you
He gives me lessons as I teach you
He bestows me His love as I love you...


-Mama


...the phrase "for you, a thousand times over" is a favourite line of Hassan to Amir, in The Kite Runner (author: Khaled Hosseini)

9 comments:

Fadhil said...

Doc,

All A's huh? May your three aces bring you joy in all the years to come.

I've got three aces too... Along, Angah and Adik.

SMM said...

beautiful :)
"for you, a thousand times over."
that's from the kite runner, kan?

Mamaboyz said...

mr oldstock: aminn :), wrote this few months ago, but your post on 4 brothers inspired me to post this

mynie: ya betul! alamak, patut ke aku letak reference? hehe

knv said...

beautifulll!

:D

SMM said...

eh, a phrase takpe kot. kalau tak silap, author tu mention, tu common phrase org afghan...

bukanlah itu maksud aku mention, cuma ter-excited sikit because i recognise it hehe :)

Rizza said...

dr wati.. yg saya nampak ..sedap nye biskut bernama tu...
hehheh kang hassan nampak ..dia nak suruh buat lak.. lama da tak bakar biskut berhuruf ni..

Mamaboyz said...

knv- thanks!

mynie- aku dah tambah reference hehe

kak rizza- tu adam yg buat :) tu lah bengkak bengkik semacam :)

Nazri Razali said...

ala sweet!

Mamaboyz said...

sevven, salam to your new missus :P
dtgla manchester!