Sunday 24 January 2010

A Fighting Spirit

Hey people,

I was browsing the net and found the website of David Servan-Screiber, (a psychiatrist with a PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience) who wrote the book Anticancer, A New Way of Life and found this comment left by a reader on 25th Nov 2009.


David,

I just wanted to thank you for the book. All the data you have collected and the form you have presented is really great, personally what touched me was in between the lines. One is often insecure if ppl would understand what is going on inside and that grey cloud over ones head you spoke about every time another chek up date is coming up. I have been fighting cancer since I was 29 (1992), I am 46 now and after 7 surgeries and a few chemeo I am still around. The cancer tumor I have removed several times is a Soft tissue tumor called Sarcoma. At the moment it has hit my lungs for the 4th time. I have kept a diet and more recently got into exercises which really helps me, even after 3 lung surgeries I can still ride my bike pretty well and now I am trying to learn my way around with my head, meditation and trying to find out what it is that I am doing that allows the cancer to return, but I will get there...

Once again,

Thanks.

Sergio



He's talking about sarcoma people SARCOMA! (exaggerated mode). That's almost like a death sentence. Now this is a really strong man (inside out).

Friends (and my future self), don't give up hope on our patients yet. They can fight this disease. We can fight this epidemic.

About the book, I'm going to find it and read it. See what this doctor author has got to say (he had brain tumor himself 15 years ago)-- how ironic is that, a neuroscientist with a brain tumor. That's life.

No comments: